Drift tube

From Mass Spectrometry Terms
Jump to: navigation, search

K. K. Murray, R. K. Boyd, M. N. Eberlin, G. J. Langley, L. Li and Y. Naito, Pure Appl. Chem., 2013, 85, 1515-1609, 10.1351/PAC-REC-06-04-06.

Drift tube
Cylindrical chamber containing a buffer gas. Ions introduced at one end are caused to move to the other end by either a flow of the buffer gas or by a uniform longitudinal electric field.
Related Term(s):

P. C. Price, H. S. Swofford, S. E. Buttrill. Anal. Chem. 49, 1487 (1977). (http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ac50019a010 )

Definitions of Terms Relating to Mass Spectrometry (IUPAC Recommendations 2013); DOI: 10.1351/PAC-REC-06-04-06 © IUPAC 2013.

Index of Terms