From Mass Spectrometry Terms
The final set of terms developed under this project, Definitions of Terms Relating to Mass Spectrometry (IUPAC Recommendations 2013), has been accepted for publication in Pure and Applied Chemistry.
Mass Spectrometry Terms and Definitions Project
Over the past decade, the goal of this site has been to provide information about the IUPAC sponsored project to update the Standard Terms and Definitions for Mass Spectrometry. The wiki was open for comment between 2004 and 2006 and is now being maintained as a reference tool and as an example of using a wiki for development of a glossary of terms.
There are currently 795 entries in Mass Spectrometry Terms as of Thursday May 23, 2013.
- Browse the
Other mass spectrometry term compilations
- IUPAC Gold Book
- IUPAC Orange Book Chapter 12
- Murray, K. K, "Glossary of terms for separations coupled to mass spectrometry" J. Chrom. A, 2010, 1217, 3922–3928.
- Todd, J. F. J., "Recommendations for nomenclature and symbolism for mass spectroscopy (including an appendix of terms used in vacuum technology). (Recommendations 1991)" Pure Appl. Chem. 1991, 63, 1541-1566.
- Price, P., "Standard Definitions of Terms Relating to Mass Spectrometry : A report from the Committee on Measurements and Standards of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom. 1991, 2, 336-48.
- Beynon, J. "Recommendations for Symbolism and Nomenclature for Mass Spectroscopy" Pure Appl. Chem. 1978, 50, 65–73.
- Budzikiewicz, H. "Suggestions for the use of symbols and abbreviations in papers dealing with topics in Organic Mass Spectrometry" Org. Mass. Spectrom. 1969, 1, 249–252.
- Robertson, A. J. B. "Recommendations for nomenclature of mass spectrometry" Pure Appl. Chem. 1974, 37, 469–480.