Drift tube

From MS Terms Wiki
Revision as of 03:54, 13 November 2013 by Kkmurray (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Drift tube
Cylindrical chamber containing a buffer gas. Ions introduced at one end are caused to move to the other end by either a flow of the buffer gas or by a uniform longitudinal electric field.
Related Term(s):

P. C. Price, H. S. Swofford, S. E. Buttrill. Anal. Chem. 49, 1487 (1977). (http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ac50019a010 )

From Definitions of Terms Relating to Mass Spectrometry (IUPAC Recommendations 2013); DOI: 10.1351/PAC-REC-06-04-06 © IUPAC 2013.

Index of Recommended Terms